Back in September, I published Emotional Beats: How to Easily Convert your Writing into Palpable Feelings. As promised, I will be posting the book on my blog. So, here is the next installment, starting Part 3 of the book: Other Beats. As this is a rather long section, I’ve broken it into two posts.
Analogies, Metaphors, and Similes (Part 2)
A good analogy is harder to find than… erm… well, it’s pretty hard. Unless you have these to help:
- Ideas bounced inside his head like tiny rubber balls.
- He chewed on some idea or other, gnawing away as if they there were seeds or pulp.
- He hemmed and hawed, shuffled his feet like a petulant schoolboy who doesn’t want to confess a wrong deed.
- He sifted words like sand, trying to lessen a blow he never meant to administer.
- She could see the string dangling from…
View original post 1,024 more words